Since 1985, Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless has dedicated its mission exclusively to providing services to people experiencing homelessness. AHCH provides a distinctive continuum of integrated care through outreach and site-based services to address the health-related causes and consequences of homelessness. Our vision is to live in a world that is just and without homelessness. We believe that homelessness is an issue that can be solved through access to quality health care, adequate and affordable housing, and a living wage.
We are looking for an engaged, energetic, and organized Development Coordinator to join our team.
The Development Coordinator will work with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO), Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and Board Fund Committee, to build donor relationships that maintain and advance sustainable philanthropic funding. This position is inclusive of raising cash and in-kind contributions, marketing, and internal/external communication around the AHCH Mission, Vision, strategic priorities, and the Health Care for the Homeless model of care.
Our ideal candidate has strong interpersonal and communication skills. They will also have experience with community-based organizations performing community outreach, materials development, fund raising, and/or project development/management, including leading special projects teams. The candidate should have a strong desire to work for an organization that serves those experiencing homelessness and have a passion for client advocacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for donor information system development and management
- Provide administrative support and input to annual resource development plan and strategies
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate projected program outcomes.
- Develop and implements annual donor and special campaigns with CEO and CAO
- Coordinate and implement donor cultivation activities, including follow-up mail and telephone correspondence, visits, and presentations.
- Educate staff, board members, and others about AHCH and its mission in preparation for public presentations.
- Use database to create and maintain current and accurate donor records and mailing list and coordinates bulk mailings.
- In conjunction with Fund Development Team, design media materials for AHCH promotion and public awareness, including publication of annual report, organizational brochures, and other materials
- Coordinate and track decentralized volunteer management system, in collaboration with designated program team members throughout AHCH.
- Coordinate development, logistics, and implementation of activities associated with AHCH special events, such as First Day of Winter and other campaigns, or others determined to be in best interests of the organization.
- High level of organization and ability to adhere to deadlines
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of community partners, donors, staff, and Board
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, non-profit administration, or relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of experience with community-based organizations doing community outreach, materials development, fund raising, and/or project development/management, including leading special projects teams.
- Master’s degree in business, communications, non-profit administration, or relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Certificate in Fund Raising Management or credentialed as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).
- 5 years of experience with community-based organizations doing community outreach, materials development, fund raising, and/or project development/management, including leading special projects teams.
- Previous experience working in an organization with a focus on under-served populations or community healthcare organization
Bilingual Spanish speakers, POC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, persons with disabilities, and women encouraged to apply.
Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We comply with State and Federal employment practice laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of an applicant’s age, race, ethnicity, creed, national origin, religion, veteran status, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
All benefits begin the month after hire:
- Low cost medical, vision, and dental insurance with health club membership
- Life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment fully paid for by company
- Long Term Disability fully paid for by company
- Paid Time Off - 24 days in first year of employment
- Catastrophic Sick Time accrual
- 7 Paid holidays
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with employer match
- EAP services
- Student loan forgiveness eligible