Since 1985, Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless (AHCH) has dedicated its mission exclusively to providing services to people experiencing homelessness. AHCH provides a distinctive continuum of integrated care through outreach and site-based services to address the health-related causes and consequences of homelessness. Our vision is to live in a world that is just and without homelessness. We believe that homelessness is an issue that can be solved through access to quality health care, adequate and affordable housing, and a living wage.
We are looking for a motivate and detail oriented individual to be our next Grant Writer. The Grant Writer position is responsible for development of proposals to support the annual operational planning and business model viability of Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless. This position works under the Chief Advancement Officer as a member the Development team. We are seeking someone who is a team player, has great attention to detail, and has exceptional writing skills. If this sounds like you, please apply!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding and actively engaging in the successful implementation and management of AHCH’s grants calendar
- Management of annual renewal grant process and grants calendar
- Ongoing Grant prospect research in conjunction with management and program leadership
- Consistent and clear communication with management about grant prospects, proposal and reporting requirements, and deadlines
- Regular collection and analysis of demographic and other important program-related data to enhance and advance the AHCH needs statement and proposals
- Development and maintenance of grant templates and materials
- Professional and confidential management of grant records, organizational documents, and data
- Must use and adhere to philosophical and ethical standards
- Work with Evaluation Team on evaluation and other outcome metrics tracking, development, and feedback loop to programs.
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the organization
- Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process
- Must have flexibility and ability to meet deadlines and/or turnaround work in short time periods
- Proven track record in writing successful complex proposals from diverse funding sources
- Must be able to work with diverse groups of people
- Have ability to tie grant funding to strategic priorities and communicate the connection to broad range of staff and community partners.
- Familiarity with programs and processes of primary granting agencies, including federal agencies as well as corporate and private sponsors.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with integrity
- Have keen attention to detail and strong editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Writing, or relevant degree or commensurate relevant work experience
- Three years of experience in grant writing
- Master’s degree in English, Communications, Writing
- Five years of experience in grant writing
Bilingual Spanish speakers, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, persons with disabilities, and women encouraged to apply.
Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We comply with State and Federal employment practice laws prohibiting discrimination based on an applicant’s age, race, ethnicity, creed, national origin, religion, veteran status, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
All benefits begin the month after hire:
- Low cost medical, vision, and dental insurance with health club membership
- Life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment fully paid for by company
- Long Term Disability fully paid for by company
- Paid Time Off - 24 days in first year of employment
- Catastrophic Sick Time accrual
- 7 Paid holidays
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program service
- Student loan forgiveness eligible